The Doidy brand, recommended by professionals and parents for over 70 years, introduces the NEW weaning bowl! The Bowl and Cup are now available in a gift pack.
The Doidy Cup is a uniquely slanted open cup aimed at helping the weaning process in infants as well as in specialised adult care. Doidy Cups are ideal for use with babies and children, as well as with the disabled, the elderly and Alzheimer’s patients.
The Doidy Cup offers a unique slant on baby weaning and open cup training. The two-handled Doidy Cup, has been scientifically designed with a unique slant to teach infants to drink from a rim, rather than from a spout or a teated bottle. Health Professionals and leading health organisations are active in recommending the introduction of an open cup at around 6 months of age and encouraging the transition from bottle to cup by one year of age.
- The contents are clearly visible when drinking
- The sloping design allows a more natural upward and downward motion of the hands and arms (unlike bottles and sippy cups which require forward and backward movement of the head which often leads to spillages)
- It teaches them to drink from an open cup and how to put it down correctly
- Children are less likely to overfeed
- Encourages good oral movements and helps to develop chewing skills as the jaw, tongue and mouth muscles are used
- A natural progression from breastfeeding because it uses the same action of the tongue
- Recommended for children 3m+
- 200 ml capacity
- Hygienic, steriliser safe, dishwasher safe (top shelf) and freezer safe, available in different colours!
- Manufactured in the U.K. from virgin food safe HDPE, and DO NOT CONTAIN Bisphenol, Phthalates or PVC
The Doidy Bowl features our unique signature slanted design and a suction pad base to help babies and infants learn to feed themselves with ease. Doidy Bowl is designed to help develop motor skills, with a slanted high lip on one side to allow infants to scoop the food up and load more easily onto a spoon, making it perfect for finger foods, purees or soups. Doidy Bowl is made from food-grade silicone and is soft and pliable – making it easy to roll up and transport and is BPA, PVC and Phthalate free. Doidy Bowl’s design fits most highchairs and is recommended for babies of 6 months+ . The New Doidy Bowl is available in 3 colours, red, blue and pastel pink, and the super suction base grips it to the surface of a high chair, reducing the risk of messy spills!
- New Doidy Bowl features the signature Doidy slant which means fewer spills as your baby learns to ‘push and scoop’ food against the high-sided lip. As they master this technique, it will help to develop their hand-to-eye coordination skills and build independent feeding
- A super suction pad on the base ensures the bowl stays in place while your child is feeding, helping to reduce mess and spills
- Made of soft food-grade silicone, the Doidy Bowl is BPA, PVC and Phthalate. free, plus being dishwasher and microwave safe
- The hygienic and resealable carry pouch means the NEW Doidy Bowl is ideal for taking out with you. Because this flexible bowl can be rolled up, it’s easy to pop into your baby equipment bag making it convenient for travelling and on the go feeding
Penny Watts, BAPN Director (http://bapn.org.uk) who reviewed the new Doidy Bowl added ‘A weaning bowl that supports an infant’s ability to feed independently will help to develop hand-to-eye coordination as well as confidence. The strong suction pad of the new Doidy Bowl means that the baby can push food against the slanted lip without it slipping. Whether your baby is eating finger foods or purees, the Doidy Bowl will enable them to either load a spoon or select pieces of food themselves. This should help make mealtimes enjoyable and engaging for a developing infant.’